My portfolio piece for Animal Drawing in LCAD.
The cleanup from what I posted 2 weeks ago. I hope this is understandable!
My final from Environment design. My concept was a scientist colony in the great big cracks/canyons on a Mars type of planet. I really wanted to work with saturated oranges/reds and try out a new method of just using the lasso tool and a single texture brush. I’m pretty happy with the results! The last image is my idea of turning that “Mars” environment into a theme park.
stid: the summary (non-benedict edition)
Satie coming to me in a sleepless night
REASONS WHY I NEED TO BE YOUR ROOMMATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE LOL
SO THAT YOU CAN BE THE ONE TO KILL ME OR SO THAT YOU CAN PREVENT MY INEVITABLE DEATH?!
how quickly do you think my roommate will kill me if i bring my kazoo
terrachained - good thinking!!! I’ll remember coat hangers when i pack all my dresses LOL, i will probably live in dresses. slow cooker is good thinking! thank you!
hope - wow, really?! you’re the sweetest! ;_; once I’m collecting these things in earnest, i’ll update this, and if you have anything you can get rid of that’d be amazing! thank you!
mesokari - OH YEAH, sponges… I forgot about that… toilet plunger is a good thing to remember too, i’ll need a toilet scrubber as well… i have a habit of saving shopping bags so that works out, hehe! i have no idea what the living situation is *exactly* yet, but i know that i get a raised bed with a desk underneath, and i think all the flooring is wood… i’m gonna look more into it! i’m probably also going to have to wait a while before i find out who my roommate is, and i might be able to communicate with them and agree to share certain things… (for safety purposes though, i’d like to have my own stuff so that there’s no… conflict of… possessions…)
Man, I was nowhere near half as prepared when I started living in my dorm
i PARTLY cheated because i made my friend who’s currently living in a dorm help me brainstorm things that he has in his dorm LOL, but i’ve also been spending the last couple of weeks thinking nonstop about independent living and everything that i might possibly need… one of my biggest fears is going out there and realizing i’m missing something small and COMPLETELY CRUCIAL………. for once, my habit of imagining terrible scenarios is being helpful… LOL
perhaps your own silverware for your own use just in case????? an extra blanket since laguna is right THERE AT THE COLD BEACH, hand wipes/germ x, a small seweing kit?????? just throwing stuff out there..
good thinking brenyanda!!!!!!!!! i have silverware down on the list already somewhere (i think….. -double checks-) i’m gonna bring my big fluffy white blanket for sure!! it’s my favorite… ooooh, speaking of hand wipes, i want to get more hand sanitizer, i am very paranoid about always having that…. sewing supplies is a good idea as well… /updates list
themonsterghost replied to your post: “list of basics i will probably need when i move out if you know of…”:
maybe draino… but dang man i mean, i wouldn’t have thought of half of this stuff when i was moving out and i still got by lol i think you’ll do great! you really have your bases covered
OH, draino is a good idea… you never know when the pipes will act up…. thank you for the suggestions!!
list of basics i will probably need when i move out
if you know of more things you think i might need, please let me know!!!!! i have clothes and bedding covered, so no worries about that
a-and if you have any of these things and you are willing to get rid of ‘em, please let me know that as well ;___; (not the weird lil odds and ends like shampoo or anything obviously LOL) i’ll pay for shipping and all that…!!! if you want to charge a discounted fee as well, i’ll pay that too! (i have a budget for everything here though, so i can’t go over that…)
asterisks indicate something i MIGHT be able to snag from home haha
- plastic container (something long and flat probably, maybe two of these since idk what kind of storage situation i’ll have and i don’t have shelves to take)
- power strip*
- cleaning supplies (wipes, disinfectant, window cleanser, dish soap, hand soap, bleach)
- toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, toilet paper, monthly items, face cleanser, face creams, chap stick, shaving razor, floss, tooth paste)
- small plastic garbage can (and possible a large one for kitchen), trash bags
- desk lamp
- laundry bag
- detergent/dryer sheets
- bed topper (have one unused in my closet)*
- flash drives*
- medicine (acetaminophen, tums, hydrogen peroxide, bandaids, neosporin, a basic first aid kit)
- multitool (one with knife, scissors, bottle opener)
- can opener
- measuring cups
- pots and pans
- tape (packaging, scotch)
- sticky notes
- vacuum cleaner (might not need if there’s no carpets)
- lint roller
- possibly a toaster/toaster oven…??
- bowls, plates, cups, and silverware
- hair scrunhies
- bathroom towels*
approximate budget for all of this (if i buy the absolute cheapest of everything that i can find): $350
other costs to keep in mind: $80-100 per month for groceries, gas money (estimate how much will be used per month)
other assorted notes to self for things i should bring (already owning) or look into:
- references books (painting books, art books, etc)
- comfort dolls
- sewing supplies
- compile/print references for quick and easy recipes
- learn to actually do laundry, not just the drying and folding parts
- start looking into job opportunities now
- learn the map of the city, find where everything is
- remember that cucumbers have lots of vitamins, they’re a good pick-me-up, they ward off garden pests, they help remove cellulite, stop headaches, curb hunger, polish shoes, can be boiled+used to create a stress relieving steam, fix bad breath, and can be used to clean sinks (i saved this from an old post)
- basically, budget+plan to get a taste for cucumbers
- learn how to do extreme couponing
I recently downloaded ‘Spaced Out: The best of Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner’ and it’s mostly just theater songs from Shatner and love songs from Nimoy (which is really great by the way) but this one played at the end of the album and I was sobbing in my car.
Anyone who feels bad about themselves or wants really good life advice should listen to this imo
Low-poly ramen bowl! With noodles, marinated egg, meat, and naruto fishcake!
c: It was fun to work on, some of the textures done by Jessica!
I helped make a thing heheh
rune factory 4 bachelor/ettes!
has anyone else noticed the increasing rise of 13-year olds on this site that try really hard to sound like college students and they’re constantly cynical and asking for nsfw asks and they have ””the”’ blog format, with the little bio on the left stating their gender with a kawaii pixel gif and some nonsequitur quote or “hi i like shinji” and their about page is totally nondescriptive and probably just has a link to a video of shinji screaming or an inside joke
that probably sounds so specific but i am keeping tally on these kids and i’ve seen at least a dozen in the last month